When I was a kid back in the 60s, my grandparents would give us a fruit-of-the-month club gift for the holidays. You know the kind I’m talking about: huge pears, perfectly round grapefruits, ruby red cherries, etc. When the gift arrived anew at our doorstep every month, we would all eagerly open the box to see what goodies were inside. We didn’t care that the fruit was sitting in environmentally unkind Styrofoam inside a utilitarian cardboard box. After sampling the contents, we would all get on the phone to call Grandma and Grandpa to thank them. We looked forward to getting that gift every year because we knew we would get a surprise every month! And my grandparents loved giving it because they knew we would call them each time a new gift arrived.
Gift clubs have experienced a remarkable resurgence in recent years, and why not? A gift that keeps on giving is a way to carry the cheer throughout the year and get you noticed again and again! And don’t assume that the choices are boring. Food subscription gift club options are no longer restricted to Grandma’s fruit-of-the-month boxes. Think guacamole makings, a selection of dried fruit snacks and nuts with trendy toppings, and pomegranate and mango inspired gifts with fresh fruit, dried fruit and candies. Almost every e-tailer of fine food gifts offers a variety of interesting and innovation selections with subscription programs suited to every need. Some even care about making the presentation attractive and ecologically sensitive, like we do in our gift club designs! The gift club model has come a long way from when I was a kid.
Here are six more reasons why you should choose to send a subscription gift this year:
- Your sentiment will have a greater impact because each time the gift appears, your recipient will think of you and the reason you sent the gift.
- It’s easy! You can set it up one time in advance, and it’s covered.
- You don’t have to commit to a 12-month gift subscription: you can find 3 month and 6-month options.
- A one time gift may not be enough to meet what is called for. Think about new parents, someone who is seriously ill or recovering from major surgery, or someone who has lost a loved one. After the first flurry of gift giving and help, the responsiveness tapers off but the needs don’t.
- Make your budget stretch! Spending $200 on four gifts that arrive with the change of seasons will make a more memorable impression than one big gift that gets consumed during the holiday and then forgotten.
- Designed for sharing.
Just think about it. How happy will your office be if they know they will receive a new snack gift every month? Perfect for monthly business meetings: be prepared so you don’t have to scramble at the last minute to get some healthy and fun snacks for the conference room. Ideal to arrange for college students eating a diet of cafeteria food or living off-campus and depending on their own amateur culinary skills.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to send a gift that keeps on giving and put your thoughtfulness in the spotlight!